Opening Day at the Downtown Berkeley Bike Station.
Photo: Matthew Roth.
Valet parkingIt's a free service to all. After initial registration, below are steps to use valet service:
- Remove necessary items from bicycle and place bicycle in rack at front counter.
- Take top ticket, tear in half; place larger half on seat of bicycle.
- Sign into parking form. It is important to include your full name, a brief description of the bicycle, and the last four numbers on your ticket.
- It is recommended that you keep an eye on your bicycle until a staff member has moved it behind the counter.
It is easier to park your bike when: unused paniers/baskets are closed and folded, helmets are buckled to the top frame of your bike, and loose items are secured.
- Due to security reasons, we do not allow overnight parking (exceptions are made for reverse commuters, etc. - please inquire). A $5 overnight fee will be assessed each night, and bicycles left over one week may be donated or given to police.
- We are not responsible for any articles attached on the bike and bikes left overnight.
- Only you and those whom are designated on the Registration Form can retrieve your bike.
Available at: Downtown Berkeley & Fruitvale
Bike Storage at Embarcadero Bart BikeStation
BikeLink at Ashby Bart BikeStation
Self-service parkingIt allows users to access the station 24 hours a day (or at Embarcadero whenever BART is open). It has a low cost of 3 cents per hour from 9am - 6pm weekdays, and 1 cent per hour all other times. After initial registration, below are steps to use self-service:
- Place card in the slot and leave it in the slot until it is read. Follow the instructions on the kiosk.
- Please close the door behind you and DO NOT allow anyone else in or out. Everyone must check-in and check-out with their own cards. This ensures security for all!
- Once inside, you have 10 minutes to remain in the station. Beyond this, an alarm will sound and we will be alerted of potential security breaches.
- As you exit, also DO NOT allow entry to anyone. Even if someone is entering simultaneously, either let them enter and close door first, or you exit first.
- When re-entering to check-out, simply place card in the slot as you did when entering.
- Access hours: Embarcadero Bike Station is available whenever Embarcadero BART Station is open. Generally, the station is open 4am - 1am.
- Add value to card: Call 888-540-0546, or go to BikeLink.org and click "add value to card".
- Lost card: Because the value is stored in the card, a lost card equals lost money. You will have to purchase a new card. Call the 888-540-0546 immediately to ensure the card no longer has access to Embarcadero Bike Station.
- Friends' access: We will try a system allowing up to 2 friends at a time to use the Embarcadero Bike Station with you. They use the provided hang tags and write your BikeLink™ card number on them, then lock their bike next to yours. You will not be charged extra for this. We say "try", because there are all sorts of ways a person can attempt to cheat the system this way. Obviously, you are responsible for your friends' behavior. Assuming this works, it will remain a benefit with your Access Code.
- Misuse: The security and financial viability of Embarcadero Bike Station is dependent upon each person checking-in and checking-out upon entering the station. Therefore, please do your part and do not allow entry to others, even regular users. Our 1-888-540-0546 hotline is available to help those that have card errors or lost cards.
- Unauthorized bikes will be locked and bike owners will be charged a $25 site visit unlock fee. This applies to both non-members who park their bikes and members who "fee dodge" - slip in the cage without signing-in, then signing-in and out when they retrieve their bike.
- Long-term parking: Embarcadero Bike Station allows you to park your bicycle up to 10 days in a row. After that, your bicycle and card may be locked and you may be charged a $25 site visit unlock fee.
Available at: Downtown Berkeley, Embarcadero & Ashby
Bike rentalsAll of our bikes at Berkeley Bike Station are pre-equipped with gear to use right away. Each model is customized, but most come with: lights, locks, flat-resistant elements, emergency gear, and racks.
Cost: $20 up to 3 hours, $35 per day, $95 per week, $200 per month
Available at: Downtown Berkeley
Giant Escape City
RepairsYour bike is your set of wheels, and we'll ensure you stay riding. Simply tell our staff your problems and we'll either perform an inspection on the spot or call you with an estimate. We will then fix your bike that day as you work or schedule an appointment for another time.
Available at: Downtown Berkeley & Fruitvale
Join our Mailing ListKeep up on changes and new services!