Opening Day at the Downtown Berkeley Bike Station.
Photo: Matthew Roth.
Valet parkingIt's a free service to all. After initial registration, below are steps to use valet service:
- Remove necessary items from bicycle and place bicycle in rack at front counter.
- Take top ticket, tear in half; place larger half on seat of bicycle.
- Sign into parking form. It is important to include your full name, a brief description of the bicycle, and the last four numbers on your ticket.
- It is recommended that you keep an eye on your bicycle until a staff member has moved it behind the counter.
It is easier to park your bike when: unused paniers/baskets are closed and folded, helmets are buckled to the top frame of your bike, and loose items are secured.
- Due to security reasons, we do not allow overnight parking (exceptions are made for reverse commuters, etc. - please inquire). A $5 overnight fee will be assessed each night, and bicycles left over one week may be donated or given to police.
- We are not responsible for any articles attached on the bike and bikes left overnight.
- Only you and those whom are designated on the Registration Form can retrieve your bike.
Available at: Downtown Berkeley & Fruitvale
Bike Storage at Embarcadero Bart BikeStation
BikeLink at Ashby Bart BikeStation
Self-service parkingIt allows users to access the station 24 hours a day (or at Embarcadero whenever BART is open). It has a low cost of 3 cents per hour from 9am - 6pm weekdays, and 1 cent per hour all other times. After initial registration, below are steps to use self-service:
- Place card in the slot and leave it in the slot until it is read. Follow the instructions on the kiosk.
- Please close the door behind you and DO NOT allow anyone else in or out. Everyone must check-in and check-out with their own cards. This ensures security for all!
- Once inside, you have 10 minutes to remain in the station. Beyond this, an alarm will sound and we will be alerted of potential security breaches.
- As you exit, also DO NOT allow entry to anyone. Even if someone is entering simultaneously, either let them enter and close door first, or you exit first.
- When re-entering to check-out, simply place card in the slot as you did when entering.
- Access hours: Ashby Bike Station and Berkeley Bike Station self-service parking are open 24/7. Embarcadero Bike Station is available whenever Embarcadero BART Station is open. Generally, the station is open 4am - 1am.
- Add value to card: Call 888-540-0546, or go to BikeLink.org and click "add value to card".
- Lost or missing card: Call BikeLink at 888-540-0546 immediately so that your card's access can be deactivated. While the value on the card never expires, if you lose your card the value is also lost. You will have to purchase a new card.
- Never allow entry to others: The security of the Bike Stations is dependent upon each person using their card each time they enter. Anyone entering the facility legitimately will use a BikeLink card or be clearly identified as operating staff. The BikeLink hotline (1-888-540-0546) is available 24/7 to help users who need help with card errors or lost cards.
- Abandoned or unauthorized bikes will be locked and bike owners will be charged a $25 site visit unlock fee. Your bike must be marked with the number of the BikeLink card you used to access the station. This can be done with the stickers provided to you when you purchased your card, or by using a temporary hang tag, provided inside the facility.
- Long-term parking: BART Bike Stations allows you to park your bicycle up to 10 days in a row. After that, your bicycle and card may be locked and you may be charged a $25 site visit unlock fee.
Available at: Downtown Berkeley, Embarcadero & Ashby
Specialized Sirrus Sport
Bike rentalsAll of our bikes at Berkeley Bike Station are pre-equipped with gear to use right away. Each model is customized, but most come with: lights, locks, flat-resistant elements, emergency gear, and racks.
Cost: $20 up to 3 hours, $35 per day, $95 per week, $200 per month
Available at: Downtown Berkeley
RepairsYour bike is your set of wheels, and we'll ensure you stay riding. Simply tell our staff your problems and we'll either perform an inspection on the spot or call you with an estimate. We will then fix your bike that day as you work or schedule an appointment for another time.
Available at: Downtown Berkeley & Fruitvale
Join our Mailing ListKeep up on changes and new services!